Want to buy new mom gifts and want them to actually love it and use your gift? Here are 25 things that new moms really use and will be thankful for.
The concept of the “push present” has hit the mainstream. It’s also commonplace for friends, grandparents, and loved ones to bring gifts that show appreciation for new mothers. When a woman spends hours or even days writhing in pain only to face months if not years of sleep deprivation, it’s nice to recognize her sacrifice with a gift of acknowledgement. The problem is that most people have no idea how to select a gift that a new mom will enjoy. The following list will give you 25 sure-fire ways to melt her heart.
Top 25 New Mom Gifts:
1. New Mother Care Basket – So many new-mom gifts focus on taking care of the baby, but the new mommy’s needs are just as important. Consider putting together a basket loaded with products that she may not think to buy or may not know that she needs. You may include nipple cream for breastfeeding mothers and Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm to add moisture and color to dehydrated lips in the hopsital . Dry shampoo is also a great idea because new mothers are often forced to take the shortest showers of their lifetime.
2. Gift Certificates for Household Tasks – No new mother has time or energy to scrub the floors and walk the dogs, but a dirty house and rambunctious pets are sources of major stress. This is why gift certificates for a reliable cleaning service and dog walker will make any new mother swoon with appreciation. It may also help the stressed-out hubby spend more time with his new family.
3. Nursing Pajamas – A breastfeeding mom will very much appreciate nursing pajamas. That way when she wakes up in the night to breastfeed, you made her life so much easier!
4. Wholesome Heat-and-Eat Meals – The days of delivering casseroles ready to pop in the oven aren’t over – at least, they shouldn’t be over. New mothers need nutrient-rich foods to keep their energy up and ensure fast recovery, but they don’t have the time or energy to cook those meals each day. If you don’t have the time or the cooking skills to deliver meals, consider meal-delivery services like Healthy Chef Creations and Vegin’ Out. These delivery services that allow you to send wholesome meals with fresh ingredients for any length of time desired to pamper the new mom in your life!
5. Weekly Snack Deliveries – In addition to wholesome meals, every new mother needs a stash of healthy snacks that she can grab whenever she has a few minutes to relax. Look to services like Snack Nation and Graze to deliver goodie boxes on demand.
6. Photography Gift Certificates – Newborn photoshoots are essential, but they’re also pricey. If you know the new mom’s favorite local photographer or can get referrals to a great studio in the area, you can contact them to buy gift certificates in advance. Even if you can’t afford to pay for a full shoot, your certificate may allow the new parents to buy a larger print package or to order special products like poster-size prints or printed mousepads for fun.
7. The Baby Shusher – This unique and inexpensive device will literally shush a baby to sleep for up to 30 minutes at a time. Mothers intuitively make “shush” sounds to calm babies and ease them to sleep, and every new mom deserves a break at times.
8. A Night/Day Out – This may sound counterintuitive to the lifestyle of a new mother, but many new parents need a little shove when it comes to stepping away from the baby for a little alone time. Once mommy has healed from delivery and the baby can go a couple hours or longer without breastfeeding, it’s refreshing for a new mom to get out of the house for a meal with her spouse or a little relaxation in the sunshine at a local park. Use your crafty side to create a fun gift certificate that the new mom can redeem for two or three hours of free babysitting.
9. Alilo Night Light/MP3 Player/Voice Recorder – These adorable night lights come armed with child-friendly songs, pre-recorded stories, and space for the new mom to record her own lullabies or soothing messages. This is a gift that any new mom will use well into the toddler days, and it could deliver some bonus hours of sleep.
10. Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags – These convenient bags will save any new mother a lot of time, and time is precious in the first year of a baby’s life. She can toss pacifiers, bottles, nipples, sippy cups, and even breast pump parts into a bag and slip them in the microwave to sanitize quickly. Bags are reusable up to 20 times. Up to 99.9% of bacteria and germs are eliminated.
11. Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy Straps – At less than $5 a pack, this is the new-mom gift that anyone can afford. The straps attach to most strollers, high chairs, and car seats on one end and a baby’s pacifier or plush toys on the other end. Babies can throw their toys and drop their pacifiers all they want, but the new mom won’t have to pick them up and sanitize them over and over and over. She won’t need as many of those micro-steam bags with a few of these straps on hand.
12. Echo Dot – This little electronic device will allow a new mother to make phone calls, turn music on and off, set alarms, and even listen to audiobooks without using her hands. This is the ultimate luxury for busy moms who lack free hands and have no free time. They’re best purchased in bulk because she will want one in every room.
13. Baby Wipe Warmer – This is one of those parenting must-haves that many new mothers don’t think to buy. Some may not even know that these exist. They don’t cost much, but they’re invaluable when they stop a baby from screaming at the shock of a cold, wet wipe hitting their skin in the middle of the night or when they’re just waking up from a nap.
14. Grocery Delivery Services – Did you know that you can now order groceries online and have them delivered fresh to your doorstep for a minimal fee? This is the ultimate in convenience for busy new moms, so consider finding a service that caters to your area and sending the new mom in your life a gift certificate or two. Some services to consider include Shipt, Instacart, Publix, and even Amazon is getting into the business.
15. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow – For a breastfeeding mother, this unique pillow is gold. It ensures comfort and safety while keeping the baby in prime position for maintaining a good latch. Daddies and other caregivers can also use it for bottle feeding.
16. Tiny Tags Mommy Jewelry – This jewelry store offers simple yet elegant products designed for mothers. This is an elevated version of those cheap child-shaped charms that you see in stores all over the world. New mothers will actually wear these necklaces and bracelets for years to come.
17. Bath Time Thermometer – Whether she’s washing her baby in the kitchen sink or transitioning into the bathtub, every new mom takes great caution to ensure that the water is the right temperature. Too cold, and the water will freeze the baby and make for an unpleasant bathing experience. Too hot, and the water becomes a danger to the baby. This is why every new mother needs a cute thermometer that doubles as a bath time toy.
18. Baby Bullet Baby Care System – This is the baby food version of the popular Nutri Bullet blender. It allows parents to make nutritious homemade baby food quickly. Don’t forget the storage kit that will allow the new parents to make the food in bulk for convenience.
19. Mini Foam Rollers – New mothers can use these small rollers to relieve backaches, massage their own feet, or relax tight muscles. This makes recovery from delivery easier and may give the new parents a way to bond by massaging one another when the baby is content.
20. Baby Slings and Wraps – Trust us on this, a baby sling can be one of the BEST things you could give a mom. It lets baby feel secure while you can actually get things done! Click here for a list of our favorites…
21. Baby Dam Bathtub Divider – This creative product has parents everywhere talking. Slip it into place and instantly turn a full-sized bathtub into a baby-sized bathtub. Parents can change the position to give their baby more room to play as they grow, which is an advantage over the traditional plastic baby bath.
22. Quick Zip Crib Sheets – These sheets are safer for baby and easier for parents. They zip on and off and eliminate the risk of a sheet corner coming loos and entangling the little one.
23. Ta Ta Towels – They may look funny, but many new mothers find them comforting on sensitive nipples. The towel simply wraps around the back of the neck and tucks around each breast, and they’re remarkably soft.
24. Sound Machine –These machines create subtle background noise and can help drown out distractions for sleeping or breastfeeding babies. They also help mothers relax.
25. Relaxing Adult Coloring Books – Include a good set of colored pencils, and your new mom has everything that she needs to work out some stress and relax. Some moms even color while nursing!
We hope this list gives you some good ideas to help you bless that new mom in your life with a gift that she actually will love to receive!