Our list of Christmas gifts for new moms was created by other new moms of presents that they would really love to receive this holiday season.
Besides a shower, a nap and someone to watch the kids for them, they had some great recommendations. With all of amazing new products hitting the market for parents, and some of their ideas also might make the perfect gift for a new mother in YOUR life.
Our Reader’s Top 25 Ideas for Christmas Gifts for New Moms:
1. Breastfeeding Bump Box – This gift box includes everything a new mom needs to adjust to this phase of life. Have it delivered before Christmas for an unexpected holiday surprise.
2. Sticky Bellies Brag Blocks – These fun blocks allow parents to take adorable photos announcing milestones in their baby’s growth. Think of this as an affordable prop that can make selfies and home photoshoots look more like professional shots. The blocks are designed for continuous reuse with each passing month and birthday.
3. Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – This is the closest thing you can get to a self-cleaning home. The best automatic vacuum cleaners come with HEPA filters to collect pet dander and other allergens as well as all those dropped Cheerios and random crumbs.
4. Birthstone Wishing Ball – These decorative balls are eye-catching and inspiring, but they also serve a motivating purpose. The lucky new mother can drop in a folded piece of paper each day of the upcoming year. The paper may record a memorable moment with her child for each day, a special goal or wish, or something that she’s grateful for that day. At the end of the year, she can read through the magical moments of the year that has passed.
5. Christmas Photo Ornament – Give her a beautiful Christmas tree ornament decked out with the photo of your choice. Make it the new family photo, the baby’s first snapshot, or just a recent shot that puts the new mother’s beauty on display. Add a personalized stocking stuffer for each member of the family while you’re at it.
6. Gift Subscription to Birchbox – Deliver a monthly box of beauty items picked just for the new mom in your life. A three-month subscription starts at less than $50.
7. BloomsyBox Subscription – If beauty products just aren’t the thing for the new mother in your life, switch Birchbox for BloomsyBox. The lucky mama will receive a beautiful fresh flower arrangement weekly, biweekly, or monthly for the period of time that you specify. There’s no better way to deliver happiness for months to come.
8. Organic Newborn Baby Lounger – This baby dock is advertised as a bassinet, portable crib, and baby lounger rolled into one convenient product. It’s actually just a safe place for a baby to relax and play without being restricted by safety belts. It’s also a great product for all parents interested in safe cosleeping.
9. Kinsa Smart Ear Thermometer – This innovative ear thermometer works with a cellphone app to take a baby’s temperature in just one second. The app will also give parents instructions for caring for the baby, depending on the reading. It takes the stress out of caring for a sick baby and gives first-time parents guidance on care.
10. Birthstone Mineral Soap Rocks – These soaps are so intriguing that the new mom may not want to use them. The make excellent decorative items but are also mineral-rich soaps if she decides to put them to good use. Perhaps she needs one to represent each of her children.
11. Boon Gleam Portable Nightlight – This nightlight will put subtle image projections on the ceiling to help soothe your little one to sleep. You can also pick it up and use it as a flashlight to make your way around the room or through the house without waking the little one.
12. Pandora Bangle Bracelet – These open bracelets are easy to wear and look just as great at the grocery store as they do at church or in a professional setting. Top them off with mom-themed Pandora charms for a gift that she will never forget.
13. Moba Bassinet – Welcome to the most modern Moses basket available today. This unique basket comes in a variety of colors and is designed with plenty of holes for superior air ventilation. Stands are available, and it’s easy to carry around at just five pounds. The baskets are eco-friendly and hygienic.
14. Tuck Me In Quilt from Sago Mini – These durable quilts are designed with four pockets that allow kids to tuck in their stuffed animals before they get tucked in each night. The blanket comes with four plush friends, and there are new designs hitting the market in the future.
15. Gourmet Tea Sampler – Is there any better way for a new mother to relax than with a cup of hot gourmet tea? Look for loose-leaf tea in decorative boxes that will nourish your new mother for weeks or months to come.
16. Now You May Speak Coffee Mug – Do you know a new mom who can’t function without her coffee? This is the perfect way to make her smile.
17. Innobaby Bathin’ Scrubs – If you’re looking for a mom-approved stocking stuffer, this will do the trick. It’s an innovative bath toy that allows parents to massage their babies while getting them clean. If you’ve ever given your little on a bath in hopes it will calm him or her for naptime, you know how adding a tender massage can elevate the results.
18. Chewbeads Necklaces – Babies love to chew on whatever their mommy happens to slip around her neck. These fashionable necklaces are designed for baby’s to chew, but they’re fashionable for mothers as well.
19. Bath and Body Works Essential Oil Gift Set – What new mother doesn’t dream of sleep? Give her permission to indulge with this luxurious gift set made from essential oils. A homemade gift certificate for free babysitting will help her put this set to good use.
20. Preggatinis™: Mixology For The Mom-To-Be – This is the ultimate recipe book for moms who want to splurge on a drink without actually indulging in alcohol consumption. It’s designed for pregnant and nursing mothers but it’s also great for the mom who just doesn’t want to drink around the little ones.
21. Door Silencers – This is a simple idea that makes many new parents think, “Why didn’t I think of that?” A soft fabric band connects to doorknobs on each side of the door, covering the door latch. You can then open and close the door to check on a sleeping baby without the click of the door disturbing the little one.
22. Aspen Bay Jar Volcano Candle – This candle looks beautiful as a decorative element, but it also burns clean with a blend of fragrance and essential oils. It’s made from food-grade soy by one of the leading candlemakers available today.
23. Kodak Moments Collage Travel Mug – Every mother needs a good mug that she can take on the go, but it gets even better when adorned with picture of the baby.
24. Acorn Slippers/Flip Flops – One of the most popular women’s slipper in a flip flop design. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, all mothers will appreciate this versatile and comfortable footwear.
25. Personalized Bottle of Wine – Select the wine of your choice and personalize it to appeal to the new mom’s personality. Give her permission to relax.
So if you want to make this holiday special for the new mom on your list, surprise her with something from this list…but then offer to also give her a nap and watch the kids! She will not be able to thank you enough!
Other Articles You Might Like:
- Breastfeeding and the Holidays : Keep the Holidays Fun and Stress-Free
- 20 Mistakes Parents Make to Ruin Their Baby’s Sleep
- Top 10 Breastfeeding Slings and Baby Wraps