Why did no one tell me about breastfeeding pillows with my first baby?
Luckily, along came a present from a friend…a Bare Naked Boppy with a denim cover. This started my love affair with breastfeeding pillows.
A nursing pillow makes it so much easier to position you baby at your breast so that you are both comfortable-especially when your baby is still really tiny. You can position the baby in different ways easily with the help of a good pillow!
If you don’t have one yet…here are our recommendations: (though the biggest recommendation is to just go get one!!!)
Our Top Choice – MyBrestFriend Nursing Pillow
Although my first love was a Boppy, My Breastfriend has some definite advantages to my old favorite.
- Cute cotton cover comes in great fabric styles and colors and unzips for easy laundry
- It has front pocket for water bottle, or anything else mommy may need while feeding
- Has a silent-release adjustable strap-a definite plus for the baby who falls asleep while nursing!
- Has a firm, flat surface for baby to rest on during feedings -this is especially important if you are nursing twins! (Most of the twin moms we know take this pillow everywhere)
- Can be adjusted for different nursing positions
- Sturdy and lightweight
This product is sent from heaven! You will love it!
Our Second Choice: My First Love…the Boppy
See my Boppy? It still looks this good after lots and lots of use. Although this is our second choice, I still think it is one of the coolest products out there. As long as you aren’t breastfeeding twins (and need a flatter surface to balance your babies) just pick the product that appeals to you most!
Here are some of the cool features of the award-winning Boppy:
- Supports baby while nursing, lying, playing and learning to sit up
- Reduces back and arm strain in nursing moms
- Boppy stretches to fit any size waist
- Made of 100% cotton with a poly-fiber fill.
- Is hypoallergenic and machine washable
You will not be disappointed by choosing a Boppy (but you can’t have mine!)
A Must-have for Co-Sleepers: Bela Baby Nurse N Glow in Blue Nursing Pillow
OK-where was this pillow 10 years ago?
I did not choose to co-sleep with my first child. She decided that that was the only way she would sleep! I so wish I had had this back then. What a great product.
It is actual a lighted nursing pillow! The soft glow lets you watch what you are doing without disturbing your baby’s or partner’s sleep. The pillow was even designed by a chiropractor to promote proper spinal alignment within your growing baby.
Co-sleepers everywhere are singing praises for this pillow!
Can’t leave home without your nursing pillow?
Now you don’t have to-My BreastFriend makes a travel pillow. Now you can take it everywhere!
It is inflatable…so it stores easily in for traveling anywhere.